GGFlex Project User Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dedicated to development of the GGFlex Open Source CNC Milling Machine, this forum contains news, updates, guides, support, and community conversations.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Electronics instruction

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
dmbe11

Electronics instruction Empty
PostSubject: Electronics instruction   Electronics instruction EmptyMon May 03, 2021 10:58 pm

REf: electronics - Electronics Instructions and GitHub Updates

I am looking for some clarification regarding the electronics instruction posted to github. The parts I received differed slightly and need clarification regarding how to attach some items to the CNC board

1. the wires coming from the stepper motors have 4 wires, not three, Do they connect to the board using the method shown?
2. The instructions call for jumpers for each driver. I did not receive any, are they no longer needed?
3. The instruction shows a splitter or a two into one piece, where is that used. I think it may be to combine the two z axes motors into a single signal but I do not know for sure.

thanks for any help
Back to top Go down
mrcastle92

PostSubject: Re: Electronics instruction   Electronics instruction EmptyTue May 04, 2021 3:28 am

The stepper drivers should have 4 wires. They connect to the 4 pin header next to each stepper driver. As far as i understand all 3 jumpers under the drivers should be jumped for proper operation. The y splitter is if you want to only use 1 stepper driver for the x-axis i used the jumpers to clone the x axis to the A stepper driver and plugged the second x motor to there. out if you want to save yourself one stepper driver then you can use the splitter.
Back to top Go down
dmbe11

PostSubject: Re: Electronics instruction   Electronics instruction EmptyTue May 04, 2021 3:58 am

So if I hooked it up wrong with power did I likely burn up my drivers?
Back to top Go down
mrcastle92

PostSubject: Re: Electronics instruction   Electronics instruction EmptyTue May 04, 2021 4:33 am

if you hooked it up with no motors on the drivers then most likely you burnt up your drivers. Never power on the cnc shield (12v power supply) without motors plugged in. if you only plugged in the usb then you should be fine. I was looking at the pdf for the electronics since i didn't recall any "3 wire plugs" and I believe the ones you are referring to are the end stop plugs that are plugged in to the far right. The stepper drivers are plugged in near the drivers. If your motors turn the opposite way the fix is also easy just flip the plug, this will turn the motor the opposite way.

dmbe11 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Electronics instruction   Electronics instruction Empty

Back to top Go down

Electronics instruction
Page 1 of 1