GGFlex Project User Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dedicated to development of the GGFlex Open Source CNC Milling Machine, this forum contains news, updates, guides, support, and community conversations.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Electronics Issues with steppers, etc.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
monkeescollector

Electronics Issues with steppers, etc. Empty
PostSubject: Electronics Issues with steppers, etc.   Electronics Issues with steppers, etc. EmptySat Apr 03, 2021 6:24 pm

I have attached the jumpers to the microstepper 1:8 pins in the first and 2nd slots on the X, Y, Z axis. I'm using the splitter, so I did not clone the A axis. The Y and Z carriage moves then hits the other side and software stops. I have yet to get my X axis screws to turn. As soon as I apply power, they lock tight. Suggestions? How many Flexes are working out there? I think I'm very close.

Thank you.

Phil

Electronics Issues with steppers, etc. 1
Electronics Issues with steppers, etc. 2
Electronics Issues with steppers, etc. 3
Electronics Issues with steppers, etc. 4
Electronics Issues with steppers, etc. 5
Electronics Issues with steppers, etc. 6
Electronics Issues with steppers, etc. 7
Electronics Issues with steppers, etc. 8
Electronics Issues with steppers, etc. 9
Back to top Go down
monkeescollector

PostSubject: Smaller images hopefully?   Electronics Issues with steppers, etc. EmptySat Apr 03, 2021 6:30 pm

Electronics Issues with steppers, etc. 1
Electronics Issues with steppers, etc. 2
Electronics Issues with steppers, etc. 3
Electronics Issues with steppers, etc. 4
Electronics Issues with steppers, etc. 5
Electronics Issues with steppers, etc. 6
Electronics Issues with steppers, etc. 7
Electronics Issues with steppers, etc. 8
Electronics Issues with steppers, etc. 9
Back to top Go down
EEM-LLC
Admin
EEM-LLC

PostSubject: Re: Electronics Issues with steppers, etc.   Electronics Issues with steppers, etc. EmptyTue Apr 06, 2021 3:01 pm

The endstop headers on the CNC Shield either need to be;
A) shorted out (to be always closed, tripping any potential home operation... you instead home the machine by hand and then it uses absolute positioning to locate your workpiece with the endmill probe method)
or
B) attached to endstops to zero the FLEX the same as the GG2 (as covered in its manual)

...or as a third possibility you can go through every .dd file and remove the G28 and $H homing operations to use the same absolute positioning method in A without either workaround. But since we were going for compatibility with existing .dd projects, this was the least preferable of the three...

If GRBL devices don't hit an endstop within a certain timeframe when they believe themselves to be moving towards one, they will throw an alarm.
If the trigger an endstop they weren't expecting to, they will throw an alarm.

The X screws 'locking' when powered up is normal. Stepper drivers provide an idle current to motors intended to hold them in place at their holding torque, subject to a timer.
If you want to manually hand cycle axes attached to steppers, you have to do so without power applied.
If you want to manually software cycle axes, you can use third other host PC software that provides more control options than DDCut (UniversalGcodeSender and GRBLController recommended) and jog the axes there.
Back to top Go down
https://github.com/insurgent-industry/GGFlex
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Electronics Issues with steppers, etc.   Electronics Issues with steppers, etc. Empty

Back to top Go down

Electronics Issues with steppers, etc.
Page 1 of 1