GGFlex Project User Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dedicated to development of the GGFlex Open Source CNC Milling Machine, this forum contains news, updates, guides, support, and community conversations.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Are there instructions for the electronics?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
btown

Are there instructions for the electronics? Empty
PostSubject: Are there instructions for the electronics?   Are there instructions for the electronics? EmptyMon Feb 01, 2021 3:42 pm

I received my GGFlex kit and assembled the basic unit. My kit includes an ardunio and stepper motor shield, but I don't see any instructions for assembling and programming these. Are there instructions for this somewhere? Also, is there a guide to actually use the GGFlex once everything is assembled?

I have some jigs from DD, and that's about it. I don't have any cutting bits, and basically don't know how to move forward from here.
Back to top Go down
EEM-LLC
Admin
EEM-LLC

PostSubject: Re: Are there instructions for the electronics?   Are there instructions for the electronics? EmptySat Feb 06, 2021 5:17 pm

A comprehensive install guide for the 2A electronics should be finished by tomorrow evening and released in PDF and TXT formats on my fork of the Git; most of the install is identical to other GRBL 1.6 installs and the configuration steps were copy-pasted from the official GRBL and Protoneer CNC Shield projects. The only real additions were step-by-step pictures and the specifics concerning DD's probing/home pins, setting microstepping, and documenting the step size/direction/max travel values in case folks need to adjust.

There should be a linked announcement on here as soon as it's live.

keljayent likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://github.com/insurgent-industry/GGFlex
Iresh

PostSubject: Re: Are there instructions for the electronics?   Are there instructions for the electronics? EmptySat Feb 13, 2021 8:16 pm

I recently picked up one of the kits as well, and I'm also more or less where btown is: everything assembled and hooked up, trying to figure out the next steps. I'd ultimately like to run DD cut, but for now just loaded grbl 1.1 and am playing around with Universal Gcode Sender. Looking forward to getting more detailed instructions for the electronics and software set up!
Back to top Go down
Ugot2bkidding

PostSubject: Re: Are there instructions for the electronics?   Are there instructions for the electronics? EmptySat Feb 20, 2021 4:43 pm

Does anyone know where to get the files to 3d print the router holder and mount
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Are there instructions for the electronics?   Are there instructions for the electronics? Empty

Back to top Go down

Are there instructions for the electronics?
Page 1 of 1