GGFlex Project User Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dedicated to development of the GGFlex Open Source CNC Milling Machine, this forum contains news, updates, guides, support, and community conversations.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Issues with the Z Carriage

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
swompy

Issues with the Z Carriage Empty
PostSubject: Issues with the Z Carriage   Issues with the Z Carriage EmptySat Jul 03, 2021 1:18 am

Couple of issues I'm facing due to vibration and strength.

First is the bearing vibrating out of the z carriage. I think this can be fixed by adding a bit to the back of the 01 part like so... printing it now and will let you know.
Issues with the Z Carriage Screen10

and the second..
the router mount is to tight during assemble but quickly loosens and breaks due to stress when actually milling. so i was thinking of just mounting an aluminum
65 mm spindle mount (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B091K5XS71)  on there by adding some wings.. (then of course ive undone my above fix.. but ill figure it out another solution)
Issues with the Z Carriage Screen12

thoughts?
Back to top Go down
MonkeyWrench

PostSubject: Re: Issues with the Z Carriage   Issues with the Z Carriage EmptyMon Jul 26, 2021 11:29 pm

I agree on some type of keeper for the double sleeve bearings. But I think that the bores could be moved back into some of the stop meat and a groove added to the entry for a snap ring. It just needs to keep them in.

I have access to some pretty good printers and the bearings are definitely going to work out of the bores.
Back to top Go down
swompy

PostSubject: Re: Issues with the Z Carriage   Issues with the Z Carriage EmptyThu Jul 29, 2021 8:37 am

the above change seems to have done the trick. i dont have time on it since making this change.. but i have it reassembled and its right where it needs to be.

apr67 likes this post

Back to top Go down
apr67

PostSubject: Re: Issues with the Z Carriage   Issues with the Z Carriage EmptySun Sep 05, 2021 3:06 pm

swompy wrote:
the above change seems to have done the trick. i dont have time on it since making this change.. but i have it reassembled and its right where it needs to be.

I could use some pictures.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Issues with the Z Carriage   Issues with the Z Carriage Empty

Back to top Go down

Issues with the Z Carriage
Page 1 of 1