GGFlex Project User Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dedicated to development of the GGFlex Open Source CNC Milling Machine, this forum contains news, updates, guides, support, and community conversations.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Max Spec GG Flex Build

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
bob_da_guy

Max Spec GG Flex Build Empty
PostSubject: Max Spec GG Flex Build   Max Spec GG Flex Build EmptyMon Mar 29, 2021 12:21 pm

Hello,
When I came across this project I thought that is was fantastic. I decided to try to build the GG Flex will the largest X and Y recommended.

Well after waiting for all the parts to finally come in I have some interesting results.
Back to top Go down
bob_da_guy

PostSubject: Re: Max Spec GG Flex Build   Max Spec GG Flex Build EmptyMon Mar 29, 2021 12:25 pm

Max Spec GG Flex Build Img_2014
Max Spec GG Flex Build Img_2013
Max Spec GG Flex Build Img_2015
Back to top Go down
bob_da_guy

PostSubject: Re: Max Spec GG Flex Build   Max Spec GG Flex Build EmptyMon Mar 29, 2021 12:26 pm

Max Spec GG Flex Build Img_2016
Back to top Go down
bob_da_guy

PostSubject: Re: Max Spec GG Flex Build   Max Spec GG Flex Build EmptyMon Mar 29, 2021 12:29 pm

So I ran out of M5 bolts and nuts. Once I get those I will finish the enclosure. I have realized that if I had to do it again, I would only increase the Y axis and not the X. This way I could fit other type of receivers and not have this overly heavy machine. Also the larger the build the less rigid the system. I need to add rigidity to the overall structure.

mrcastle92 likes this post

Back to top Go down
mrcastle92

PostSubject: Re: Max Spec GG Flex Build   Max Spec GG Flex Build EmptyMon Mar 29, 2021 4:51 pm

what if you adapted the frame for 2040 extrusions or added more 2020 inside the frame for rigidity? Good work though, looking good!
Back to top Go down
bob_da_guy

PostSubject: Re: Max Spec GG Flex Build   Max Spec GG Flex Build EmptyTue Mar 30, 2021 12:40 pm

So I was about to add my router to the assembly, but it is a 100mm diameter router. So I was trying to edit the housing but Freecad does not support AMF files. I did try an online converter from AMF to STL but then I cannot edit the STL. Does anyone have any sugestions?
Back to top Go down
EEM-LLC
Admin
EEM-LLC

PostSubject: Re: Max Spec GG Flex Build   Max Spec GG Flex Build EmptyWed Mar 31, 2021 3:23 pm

bob_da_guy wrote:
So I was about to add my router to the assembly, but it is a 100mm diameter router. So I was trying to edit the housing but Freecad does not support AMF files. I did try an online converter from AMF to STL but then I cannot edit the STL. Does anyone have any sugestions?

I think we have a 100mm floating around somewhere and if not I can provide a STEP sold; will PM when I get the chance to look back through our repo.
Back to top Go down
https://github.com/insurgent-industry/GGFlex
bob_da_guy

PostSubject: Re: Max Spec GG Flex Build   Max Spec GG Flex Build EmptyThu Apr 01, 2021 5:05 pm

That would be fantastic.
Back to top Go down
bob_da_guy

PostSubject: Re: Max Spec GG Flex Build   Max Spec GG Flex Build EmptyFri Apr 02, 2021 4:41 pm

Any update on the 100mm file?
Back to top Go down
bob_da_guy

PostSubject: Re: Max Spec GG Flex Build   Max Spec GG Flex Build EmptyMon Apr 05, 2021 2:55 pm

I got in the M5 bolts and T nuts to finish the frameMax Spec GG Flex Build Img_2017
Max Spec GG Flex Build Img_2018
Back to top Go down
bob_da_guy

PostSubject: Re: Max Spec GG Flex Build   Max Spec GG Flex Build EmptyMon Apr 05, 2021 2:57 pm

I added some inner wedge brackets for added stability. I just need the 100mm print file to mount the spindle.
Back to top Go down
EEM-LLC
Admin
EEM-LLC

PostSubject: Re: Max Spec GG Flex Build   Max Spec GG Flex Build EmptyTue Apr 06, 2021 3:04 pm

Looking awesome!

bob_da_guy wrote:
Any update on the 100mm file?

Apparently got wiped with the original 'iceybreakz' release, so I'm waiting one of the old devs to send a complete copy of that repo. Apparently stupidly never kept a copy for myself... can also just modify the part myself if nothing comes through. Should be posted to a 'QOL/Optional' folder within my fork within a day.
Back to top Go down
https://github.com/insurgent-industry/GGFlex
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Max Spec GG Flex Build   Max Spec GG Flex Build Empty

Back to top Go down

Max Spec GG Flex Build
Page 1 of 1