GGFlex Project User Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dedicated to development of the GGFlex Open Source CNC Milling Machine, this forum contains news, updates, guides, support, and community conversations.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  

How difficult is it to build?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
xyzzy

How difficult is it to build? Empty
PostSubject: How difficult is it to build?   How difficult is it to build? EmptyWed Feb 17, 2021 2:17 am

It's difficult to tell what all the required tools are. Sure, I looked at the assembly file, which seems easy enough, like an Ikea instruction manual--am I missing something?

I have not dealt with 3d printers before, but bought one 5 min. ago so I could attempt this.

Thinking of also creating a build video, but only if I felt that it was ready enough to actually build one; based on the sounds of things, the electronics assembly is still a bit of a mystery, right?
Back to top Go down
bob_da_guy

PostSubject: Re: How difficult is it to build?   How difficult is it to build? EmptyWed Feb 17, 2021 3:14 pm

So far it has been easy but I am still missing about 1/3 of the supplies. I am building it from the build list and not from the kit. I wanted to build it at the max specs. I just finished the first page.
Back to top Go down
Iresh

PostSubject: Re: How difficult is it to build?   How difficult is it to build? EmptyWed Feb 17, 2021 8:27 pm

The physical build is pretty straight forward if you have the printed parts along with the other bits of hardware, and the electronics side seems to be more or less the same as a lot of other arduino/cnc shield projects (make sure you plug your stepper drivers in the right way). The more challenging part seems to be the software side, at least for me, and I don't have all that much experience with CNC or 3d printers.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How difficult is it to build?   How difficult is it to build? Empty

Back to top Go down

How difficult is it to build?
Page 1 of 1