GGFlex Project User Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dedicated to development of the GGFlex Open Source CNC Milling Machine, this forum contains news, updates, guides, support, and community conversations.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  

eBay vs ggflex.com kit

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Hegemon

eBay vs ggflex.com kit Empty
PostSubject: eBay vs ggflex.com kit   eBay vs ggflex.com kit EmptyWed Mar 24, 2021 12:43 pm

Hi, I purchased the complete builder kit on eBay before realizing that the ggflex kit is available directly.

What’s the difference between the complete kit on eBay and the kits available on ggflex.com? Are there certain components in the ggflex.com kit that I need that aren’t included with the eBay kit?

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
EEM-LLC
Admin
EEM-LLC

eBay vs ggflex.com kit Empty
PostSubject: Re: eBay vs ggflex.com kit   eBay vs ggflex.com kit EmptyWed Mar 24, 2021 8:26 pm

The ggflex.com storefront was maintained by the other main dev for the project but he went MIA a week into our initial version 2.0 sales back in November. The storefront was locked by my request for 90 days but I couldn't keep it locked any further without his input since I'm not a site admin, so now it's taking orders again. I'm working to get that fixed, but it's oddly complicated.

I'm the middle man for all logistics and sales, so I've been getting orders just fine since the storefront went back up... it was just a bit of a surprise...

The listing there has a bit more customization (for the spindle type and extrusion color) given the options that are available in the storefront that aren't available on eBay, but otherwise the kit is the same... it's obviously also pricier, as it doesn't reflect a price drop that I put into effect once I started shipping and handling all the orders by myself. Should be a complete and up to date kit no matter where folks end up purchasing!

mrcastle92 likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://github.com/insurgent-industry/GGFlex

eBay vs ggflex.com kit
Page 1 of 1