GGFlex Project User Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dedicated to development of the GGFlex Open Source CNC Milling Machine, this forum contains news, updates, guides, support, and community conversations.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  

GRBL 1.1 And dual axis leveling

Go down 
AuthorMessage
swompy

GRBL 1.1 And dual axis leveling Empty
PostSubject: GRBL 1.1 And dual axis leveling   GRBL 1.1 And dual axis leveling EmptyWed Dec 01, 2021 2:05 pm

has anyone gotten grbl 1.1 dual axis leveling working on either a v3 or v3.51 shield?

im aware that grblDD v3 the developer didnt like the leveling in grbl and rolled their own using the delta between the two motors. however that version seems to throw a bunch of errors regardless of the uno i put it on. it might have something to do with a missing spindle... but i honestly dont know. the code is significantly different than the parent branch. i would like to get to their leveling code and additional debug features... im just missing something. i made some progress on the standard grbl version. using the firmware replication of the x axis... however it seems that my microstepping is off on just that one replicated motor using the that method. havent had time to get to the bottom of that. might be a jumper setting (beyond the obvious). its so hard to come up with any sort of documentation or example for this.

Did anyone manage to get this running?
Back to top Go down
swompy

GRBL 1.1 And dual axis leveling Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRBL 1.1 And dual axis leveling   GRBL 1.1 And dual axis leveling EmptyFri Dec 03, 2021 12:11 am

so i think i managed to get this working.

**without the limit switches in place the motors will travel at two different rates.** that through me for a loop and had me messing with those stepper jumpers to no avail.
with them connected correctly homing self levels the x axis and works pretty well. the one issue i still see if that the hard limit is triggered on the x you end up resetting a couple times to get the travel enough to clear both switches.. i think this is the reason the DD guys worked their algorithm a bit different. in the real world its almost impossible to get those switches to trigger at exactly the same point. close within a couple hundredths ... but not exact and a switch is either on or off.

so the plug configuration on the cnc shield v3 is significantly different from end switches without it.

Z+ switch moves to Z+
X- (1) moves to Z- (im not running a z - switch)
Y +- stays the same.

the Xstep/direction bridge is moved to to (D12 /AStep )/ (D13 / A dir) bottom 4 adjacent to the power block .

in the firmware in config.h you need to uncomment

#define ENABLE_DUAL_AXIS
#define DUAL_AXIS_SELECT X_AXIS
i reduced the
#define DUAL_AXIS_HOMING_FAIL_DISTANCE_MAX
so it wouldnt rack the gantry so hard.

and if you are running cnc shield v3.0 comment
//#define DUAL_AXIS_CONFIG_PROTONEER_V3_51
and uncomment
#define DUAL_AXIS_CONFIG_CNC_SHIELD_CLONE

if you are running the v3.51+ its going to change the pinout i think. i have one ordered but its taking forever to get here so i cant test it at the moment.

hopefully that saves someone 3 nights. of messing and multi-metering .

fyi... keeyees brand uno is complete and total garbage.. if you ever buy one .... as soon as it arrives, hit it with a 3 lbs hammer and go spend the extra 10 bucks to get a real uno. your time and lack of frustration is worth so much more.
Back to top Go down

GRBL 1.1 And dual axis leveling
Page 1 of 1