GGFlex Project User Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dedicated to development of the GGFlex Open Source CNC Milling Machine, this forum contains news, updates, guides, support, and community conversations.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Abandoned by devs?

Go down 
+3
youwilldrinkthecornsyrup
MonkeyWrench
mrcastle92
7 posters
AuthorMessage
mrcastle92

Abandoned by devs? Empty
PostSubject: Abandoned by devs?   Abandoned by devs? EmptyMon Aug 09, 2021 2:35 am

I don't know about anyone else but I'm starting to think this project has been abandoned by the devs.
Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
MonkeyWrench

Abandoned by devs? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abandoned by devs?   Abandoned by devs? EmptyMon Aug 09, 2021 12:32 pm

Oh well if true. Lets keep going.
Back to top Go down
mrcastle92

Abandoned by devs? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abandoned by devs?   Abandoned by devs? EmptyMon Aug 09, 2021 1:49 pm

Agreed. Kind of sad thought.
Back to top Go down
youwilldrinkthecornsyrup

Abandoned by devs? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abandoned by devs?   Abandoned by devs? EmptySun Aug 15, 2021 5:07 am

I think EEM LLC may have gotten a bit overwhelmed. Kinda alot for one man to run, along with the Ebay BS that happened to him.
However there is no reason for us to abandon the project.
Right now information regarding the build process is scattered everywhere, I think we need to come together and consolidate as much information as we can to make this project more accessible.
Please help by posting any relevant files/info you have and I will try to put together a new mirror that is a bit more consolidated and informative.

mrcastle92, swompy, MonkeyWrench and CrashAsh like this post

Back to top Go down
CrashAsh

Abandoned by devs? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abandoned by devs?   Abandoned by devs? EmptyThu Aug 26, 2021 10:41 am

I agree that this is a lot for one person, but I feel like it is very hard to figure out exactly what I need to buy or put together to get a working CNC. Nevermind the software side after it is all put together. I think it would be awesome if we can maybe get two consolidated build guides and BOM's - one for an exact copy that works with DDCut and then one that is running the newer controller that will allow for growth. I don't have any programming skills, but I do have a lot of server experience, so anything I can help with on that side I would love to.
Back to top Go down
MonkeyWrench

Abandoned by devs? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abandoned by devs?   Abandoned by devs? EmptyThu Aug 26, 2021 7:19 pm

As I am coming to understand about this unit, you don't want a 'more capable' controller for growth. You want the basics that will integrate with DDCut. Nothing more. For a couple of reasons. If you want something more, do a MPCNC or something.

I just commissioned mine and will start cutting some wasted 80s this weekend. Flashing the firmware and setting the drivers is all over the interweb for the board that GG2 specs.
Back to top Go down
youwilldrinkthecornsyrup

Abandoned by devs? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abandoned by devs?   Abandoned by devs? EmptySat Sep 11, 2021 2:15 am

@monkeywrench

What kind of controller and firmware/dd version are you using?
I kind of had a gut feeling that making the build as close to the original GG2 would probably be the best bet but I am worried if I try to add limit switches it'll prolly screw up....
Anyway that is where I am at currently. Things are running pretty slow here so I guess I'll just post what I have learned so far in the off chance it helps someone.
Will update when I get it drilling.

On a side note if anyone has figured out how to make this thing into a 3d printer aswell please share.
Back to top Go down
Fightforfreedom75

Abandoned by devs? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abandoned by devs?   Abandoned by devs? EmptySat Sep 11, 2021 10:47 am

Buy the flash drive for ghost gunner 2 from ghost gunner its 10 $ you can get ddcut for free but it has no gcode with it

mrcastle92 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Fightforfreedom75

Abandoned by devs? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abandoned by devs?   Abandoned by devs? EmptyTue Sep 21, 2021 8:09 pm

Abandoned by devs? Screen19

Hope this helps
Back to top Go down
Fightforfreedom75

Abandoned by devs? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abandoned by devs?   Abandoned by devs? EmptyFri Sep 24, 2021 3:14 pm

Abandoned by devs? 20210912
Abandoned by devs? 20210913 this is my carriage made of aluminum

mrcastle92 likes this post

Back to top Go down
mrcastle92

Abandoned by devs? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abandoned by devs?   Abandoned by devs? EmptySat Sep 25, 2021 6:18 am

Would love to see how this setup cuts. I have everything set up except the router because I wanted something more versatile than the router.
Back to top Go down
shobe9904

Abandoned by devs? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abandoned by devs?   Abandoned by devs? EmptyMon Nov 22, 2021 2:09 am

CrashAsh wrote:
I agree that this is a lot for one person, but I feel like it is very hard to figure out exactly what I need to buy or put together to get a working CNC. Nevermind the software side after it is all put together. I think it would be awesome if we can maybe get two consolidated build guides and BOM's - one for an exact copy that works with DDCut and then one that is running the newer controller that will allow for growth. I don't have any programming skills, but I do have a lot of server experience, so anything I can help with on that side I would love to.

They have an entire build kit available online tho...
Back to top Go down
Detroit_deplorable

Abandoned by devs? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abandoned by devs?   Abandoned by devs? EmptyMon Dec 06, 2021 4:54 pm

I’m all about keeping this going. I just found the page today. I almost broke down and put my 500.00 on the three. I think with my router and some resources I have we could make this lad do 0% if the rigidity is good.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Abandoned by devs? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abandoned by devs?   Abandoned by devs? Empty

Back to top Go down

Abandoned by devs?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GGFlex Project User Community :: Community Posts :: Project Discussion-
Jump to: