GGFlex Project User Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dedicated to development of the GGFlex Open Source CNC Milling Machine, this forum contains news, updates, guides, support, and community conversations.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Anyone got a guarding and shielding scheme?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
MonkeyWrench

Anyone got a guarding and shielding scheme? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone got a guarding and shielding scheme?   Anyone got a guarding and shielding scheme? EmptyMon Jul 26, 2021 11:24 pm

I am thinking of doing the guarding up with some 1/4" polycarbonate we have laying around the shop. Does anyone have a paneling scheme and some mount brackets already done?

I think there is enough room in the bay to clear a travel opening in an interior panel set and then mount a slider to cover that opening in the X-Y travel to keep the chips in the machining bay. Any thoughts?

Also has anyone spec'd a set of bellows pipe to act as a sleeve shields for the lead screws from chips? This could be incorporated into the ball screw bearing blocks so that they can be hose clamped on, if it is not already there and I am missing it.
Back to top Go down
swompy

PostSubject: Re: Anyone got a guarding and shielding scheme?   Anyone got a guarding and shielding scheme? EmptyThu Jul 29, 2021 8:40 am

i saw a picture of one attached a while back. ive been looking for the mesh file as well.
Back to top Go down
MonkeyWrench

PostSubject: Re: Anyone got a guarding and shielding scheme?   Anyone got a guarding and shielding scheme? EmptyWed Aug 04, 2021 9:59 pm

OK I will see if any MEs have done something similar.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone got a guarding and shielding scheme?   Anyone got a guarding and shielding scheme? Empty

Back to top Go down

Anyone got a guarding and shielding scheme?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GGFlex Project User Community :: Community Posts :: Questions and Answers-
Jump to: