GGFlex Project User Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dedicated to development of the GGFlex Open Source CNC Milling Machine, this forum contains news, updates, guides, support, and community conversations.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Feed Rates

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
swompy

Feed Rates Empty
PostSubject: Feed Rates   Feed Rates EmptySat Jun 26, 2021 8:57 pm

Generating my own codes. I used a values from GG's doc but that is WAY to fast.. instant chatter. the step over set at .20 seems reasonable. not sure about 3 mm depth of cut either.. im ok with decreasing this..

but things i really need help with is Feed rate. 380 mm/min is TO FAST for this machine with this spindle and rigidity. What values are you guys having luck with in 7075-T6 aluminum?
Back to top Go down
swompy

Feed Rates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feed Rates   Feed Rates EmptySat Jul 03, 2021 1:29 am

boy this group is super talkative. you guys given up have you? aside from the vibration issues im facing. bolts flying out.. locktiting myself to my myself multiple times.. a couple surprises with my from scratch xyz probe routine.. and the spindle mount just being a design nightmare to keep together in plastic. im milling. whats yalls excuses? are we milling or messing? I'm running 3.33 mm/s on a 3mm step. vert i think im using half that again. smooth as butter when i can keep the friggen z carriage bearings in place.

fyi... hada blunder in my gcode and didnt take into account the rear breakdown pin hole with the bolt running through it. when she stays together. she doenst mind a little mild steel either.
Back to top Go down
Fightforfreedom75

Feed Rates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feed Rates   Feed Rates EmptySat Jul 03, 2021 6:47 pm

I think people just thought it was plug and play not willing to put in the work to fine tune the process or make minor adjustments to moving parts ghost gunner uses a nema 23 bldc and cog and belt setup. Everything is open source or can be made with some extra work. That's how the first 1 was made
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Feed Rates Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feed Rates   Feed Rates Empty

Back to top Go down

Feed Rates
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GGFlex Project User Community :: Community Posts :: Questions and Answers-
Jump to: