GGFlex Project User Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dedicated to development of the GGFlex Open Source CNC Milling Machine, this forum contains news, updates, guides, support, and community conversations.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Incomplete 2.0a kit, no responses via email at all?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
streamshooter

Incomplete 2.0a kit, no responses via email at all? Empty
PostSubject: Incomplete 2.0a kit, no responses via email at all?   Incomplete 2.0a kit, no responses via email at all? EmptySat Jun 26, 2021 9:25 am

I bought the 2.0a complete with QOL parts on ebay. After starting assembly I find the L brackets needed to built it are completely missing. All other part counts were meticulously included. I've emailed through a bunch of times on Ebay and here. Buying new ones is another $200 I'm not willing to spend. I guess now I have to go through the dispute process with the bank to refute the whole payment. They're good with getting my money back, so I'm not worried. It just sucks because once the process has started, even if this company ships me the parts, I can't stop the bank from pulling the money.

Count your parts as soon as the package arrives!
Back to top Go down
swompy

PostSubject: Re: Incomplete 2.0a kit, no responses via email at all?   Incomplete 2.0a kit, no responses via email at all? EmptySat Jun 26, 2021 10:47 pm

Aaaaa.. naw.. the l brackets got left out of my kit too.. as did 3 ball joints..it took a bit to get an email back but he definitely sent everything. Honestly I was to impatient too. And I order 3 ball joints from alibaba and enough l brackets from amazon. BECAUSE I WAS IMPATIENT!.. and you're assessment of Lbrackets is a blatant lie. They are literally 18 dollars delivered from amazon right now.. I mean right this second, this very second you re 182 dollars ( before the tax ) full of shit. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08PKFYPF2/

What is this mess? Pegasses make another account? What's up? ITS OPEN SOURCE.. buy the parts yourself or give the guy that just op3n sourced the design and chunked 400+ parts into a couple boxes for you a break and enough time to fix the mistake.

Back to top Go down
streamshooter

PostSubject: Re: Incomplete 2.0a kit, no responses via email at all?   Incomplete 2.0a kit, no responses via email at all? EmptySun Jun 27, 2021 6:41 am

Welcome to the support page! I was patient, took 2 1/2 months to get the incomplete parts to begin with. For the last 4 weeks, I've  emailed 6 times with no replies, ever. I have been more than patient. I stuck completely to EEM's parts, no cutting corners like Pegasus. As far as a lie on the price, dumbass, I looked for the exact part number in EEM's list and found them at 17 each. Thanks for the link, but I get what I paid for and won't pay for what I don't get.

EEM-LLC, is this the level of help you provide all your customers?
Back to top Go down
swompy

PostSubject: Re: Incomplete 2.0a kit, no responses via email at all?   Incomplete 2.0a kit, no responses via email at all? EmptySun Jun 27, 2021 4:17 pm

i was told the reason they were left out is they were planning on switching to 3d printed L Brackets.. im telling you 20 bucks fixes the problem and gave you the link. i agree he should respond.. im waiting on help in other areas as well. point of observation.. he hasnt responded to anything in a while. likely something happened. that said.. you options are box it up and dispute with pay pal or spend the 20 bucks.
Back to top Go down
swompy

PostSubject: Re: Incomplete 2.0a kit, no responses via email at all?   Incomplete 2.0a kit, no responses via email at all? EmptySun Jun 27, 2021 4:19 pm

side note.. most of these parts are coming from alibaba.. it takes about 45-48 days to get something from over the pond. dont care what the part numbers he provided are... i have one of both of these ball joints in my hand.. and they came from alibaba. dont spend 75 bucks a piece on them. order a bunch and hurry up and wait. when i order mine... they came 2 days before from alibaba than from EEM... ie.. they were on the same boat.
Back to top Go down
streamshooter

PostSubject: Re: Incomplete 2.0a kit, no responses via email at all?   Incomplete 2.0a kit, no responses via email at all? EmptyThu Jul 01, 2021 7:16 am

Thanks, swompy. I am only missing the L brackets. I messed up one of the ball screws (not knowing that all the bearings are held in by the screw), but since I messed it up, I just bought the replacement. I do appreciate the link to the brackets, btw.
Back to top Go down
patkelley

PostSubject: Re: Incomplete 2.0a kit, no responses via email at all?   Incomplete 2.0a kit, no responses via email at all? EmptyThu Jul 01, 2021 2:58 pm

streamshooter wrote:
Thanks, swompy. I am only missing the L brackets. I messed up one of the ball screws (not knowing that all the bearings are held in by the screw), but since I messed it up, I just bought the replacement. I do appreciate the link to the brackets, btw.  

I printed the corner brackets, but also have the metal 'L' ones. If you want, I'll print some for you, just pay me for the flat rate box to ship them.
Back to top Go down
streamshooter

PostSubject: Re: Incomplete 2.0a kit, no responses via email at all?   Incomplete 2.0a kit, no responses via email at all? EmptyThu Jul 01, 2021 8:00 pm

Thank you very much for the offer, patkelley! I do have a 3d printer but think I'll buy the metal ones that swompy provided links for, just to keep it tight to the design. I was just frustrated at being shorted the parts and not getting any replies. I think I'm just going to build it, make sure it homes and then sell it off. I have a GG2, but wanted to see how well this alternative stacked up against it. I do appreciate your offer, very much! Stay well!
Back to top Go down
patkelley

PostSubject: Re: Incomplete 2.0a kit, no responses via email at all?   Incomplete 2.0a kit, no responses via email at all? EmptyFri Jul 02, 2021 9:05 am

streamshooter wrote:
Thank you very much for the offer, patkelley! I do have a 3d printer but think I'll buy the metal ones that swompy provided links for, just to keep it tight to the design. I was just frustrated at being shorted the parts and not getting any replies. I think I'm just going to build it, make sure it homes and then sell it off. I have a GG2, but wanted to see how well this alternative stacked up against it. I do appreciate your offer, very much! Stay well!

Just FYI, I initially built one using the metal 'L' plates then swapped to printed corners. IMO the full corner is more structurally sound even though it's not metal, as it physically ties the whole corner together.

streamshooter likes this post

Back to top Go down
streamshooter

PostSubject: Re: Incomplete 2.0a kit, no responses via email at all?   Incomplete 2.0a kit, no responses via email at all? EmptyWed Jul 07, 2021 5:11 pm

Thanks again, patkelley! More rigidity the better!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Incomplete 2.0a kit, no responses via email at all?   Incomplete 2.0a kit, no responses via email at all? Empty

Back to top Go down

Incomplete 2.0a kit, no responses via email at all?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GGFlex Project User Community :: Community Posts :: Questions and Answers-
Jump to: