GGFlex Project User Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dedicated to development of the GGFlex Open Source CNC Milling Machine, this forum contains news, updates, guides, support, and community conversations.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  

A tale of two print sessons.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
apr67

A tale of two print sessons. Empty
PostSubject: A tale of two print sessons.   A tale of two print sessons. EmptyThu Apr 29, 2021 6:26 pm

Learning this 3d printing thing so I can get my GG built.

This is using hatchbox black PLA on my Ender V2.

The left most print is using 200 degrees, the same temp I used with the PLA that came with the ender.  We, I don't think that was hot enough.  The stuff feels like shredded wheat the layers are so poorly adhered.  I did do a test print with the new PLA just to verify all was good and I didn't notice it (it was not as bad, but very small, so I am guessing the PLA didn't cool as much when the head got back to it for the next layer.

Also I had my infill setting in Cura set to something wrong. (lines instead of grid)

Middle is the settings I am using, it was fine until the cable for the print head knocked it over.

The end is what I got with the set from Ebay that I managed to break.

A tale of two print sessons. ACtC-3fRbr6Z6XwMgoA7hMpPZx85xBKp2K1Eukw6hSKv1NXRwEsXX9sd28g3uAcf--ge0FRAHCwsnI0qCADRPav3rLkkk_mbXzHy3h0ZDjygNPZBRNREUyypmhTyPiHzeMmg7JAYT31AJtBpmR9xgRO7Y1ybNw=w1000-no-tmp

Here is another picture of my first attempt and second. Started printing when I went to bed and did not notice the abomination this thing was. I was happy the first layer stuck.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/pw/ACtC-3e-ZBuPmLZOZTyjEcF1uddVoE6UN5N3G0XDp2O6KnUNaAqPzvLAm7tUiKoSoHnYsBu42NVjFdPHWtbct8aFYswC_JPBN1ZJ15PchGodnMuha0tIOKmC-hxNwWTvExqlBIbH2cLYHcOjZhGPt8pBaPq9GQ=w1000-no-tmp.jpgA tale of two print sessons. ACtC-3e-ZBuPmLZOZTyjEcF1uddVoE6UN5N3G0XDp2O6KnUNaAqPzvLAm7tUiKoSoHnYsBu42NVjFdPHWtbct8aFYswC_JPBN1ZJ15PchGodnMuha0tIOKmC-hxNwWTvExqlBIbH2cLYHcOjZhGPt8pBaPq9GQ=w1000-no-tmp
Back to top Go down
mrcastle92

A tale of two print sessons. Empty
PostSubject: Re: A tale of two print sessons.   A tale of two print sessons. EmptyThu Apr 29, 2021 9:22 pm

Brim is your friend!
Back to top Go down

A tale of two print sessons.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GGFlex Project User Community :: Community Posts :: User Content and Builds-
Jump to: