GGFlex Project User Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dedicated to development of the GGFlex Open Source CNC Milling Machine, this forum contains news, updates, guides, support, and community conversations.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  

broke the ball screw during assembly

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
five-o systems

broke the ball screw during assembly  Empty
PostSubject: broke the ball screw during assembly    broke the ball screw during assembly  EmptyThu Mar 04, 2021 3:14 pm

So long story short. I put one of the 150mm ball screws in backwards. (have no idea why or how.) when removing it, I pulled the "ball off the screw" and ball bearings went everywhere. Just wondering if anyone has a quick link to replace this part...........Also if anyone can point me in the direction of the electronics diagram. even simple pictures will do. I'm very new to the CNC 3d print world.

Thank you for all of the help!
Back to top Go down
EEM-LLC
Admin
EEM-LLC

PostSubject: Re: broke the ball screw during assembly    broke the ball screw during assembly  EmptyMon Mar 08, 2021 1:25 pm

If it was a kit that I supplied, I'm happy to send a replacement (I originally planned on providing everyone with a $30-40 coupon to GGFLEX.com to buy replacement parts and/or version updated printed parts but that storefront is stuck for now...)

Just shoot me an email or message.

There are also a couple videos around YT and the like that show how to reload them.. but it's a huge pain until you've done it a half dozen times.

Regarding the electronics, I'll have a full diagram up in the PDF version of the electronics instructions a bit later today. The configuration is more or less identical to other GRBL/CNC Shield combos (most I/O and features being standardized to the shield and controller) with a couple of odd substitutions.
Back to top Go down
https://github.com/insurgent-industry/GGFlex
dmbe11

PostSubject: Re: broke the ball screw during assembly    broke the ball screw during assembly  EmptyThu May 27, 2021 10:15 pm

EEM-LLC wrote:
If it was a kit that I supplied, I'm happy to send a replacement (I originally planned on providing everyone with a $30-40 coupon to GGFLEX.com to buy replacement parts and/or version updated printed parts but that storefront is stuck for now...)

There are also a couple videos around YT and the like that show how to reload them.. but it's a huge pain until you've done it a half dozen times.

Regarding the electronics, I'll have a full diagram up in the PDF version of the electronics instructions a bit later today. The configuration is more or less identical to other GRBL/CNC Shield combos (most I/O and features being standardized to the shield and controller) with a couple of odd substitutions.
I too need a new ball screw the 150mm one. What is the pitch of the current one and where can I get one?
Back to top Go down
EEM-LLC
Admin
EEM-LLC

PostSubject: Re: broke the ball screw during assembly    broke the ball screw during assembly  EmptyFri May 28, 2021 7:28 pm

Taken care of, will message a bit later!

dmbe11 wrote:
EEM-LLC wrote:

I too need a new ball screw the 150mm one. What is the pitch of the current one and where can I get one?
Back to top Go down
https://github.com/insurgent-industry/GGFlex
dmbe11

PostSubject: Re: broke the ball screw during assembly    broke the ball screw during assembly  EmptyWed Jun 02, 2021 4:12 pm

EEM-LLC wrote:
Taken care of, will message a bit later!

dmbe11 wrote:
EEM-LLC wrote:

Thank you
Back to top Go down
streamshooter

PostSubject: Re: broke the ball screw during assembly    broke the ball screw during assembly  EmptySat Jun 26, 2021 10:07 am

I did the exact same thing! Parts list gave me the size, ebay provided the rest! It was my mistake, I own it Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: broke the ball screw during assembly    broke the ball screw during assembly  Empty

Back to top Go down

broke the ball screw during assembly
Page 1 of 1