GGFlex Project User Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dedicated to development of the GGFlex Open Source CNC Milling Machine, this forum contains news, updates, guides, support, and community conversations.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  

2.1 Release and Project Status

Go down 
AuthorMessage
EEM-LLC
Admin
EEM-LLC

2.1 Release and Project Status Empty
PostSubject: 2.1 Release and Project Status   2.1 Release and Project Status EmptyWed Dec 09, 2020 3:23 pm

Hey folks; for those who haven't seen mentions in relevant threads here on the forums or been in communication by message/email, I've got some project updates and other relevant info to share.

• Insurgency (the lead dev, officially speaking) has been out of contact for over a month now. He left a message in our dev chat channel saying he was going in for a doctor visit due to 'ongoing health concerns' and hasn't responded to communication or accessed any of our community resources that we've seen since. Since the devs all maintain a high level of anonymity, we have pretty much no other way of getting in contact with him and have no more information at this time...

• I've unofficially taken over the lead position in the interim (and since he and I were equally financially responsible for the eBay and community kits, obligations to customers and members has required me to keep moving forward regardless). This did produce two big delays in development, as well as the actual physical kits that we were offering (he had half the parts we were using in his possession and also had the largest 3D printing capacity of any of the devs). In part, this announcement is to clarify the cause and acknowledging our fault in the delays. I'm still figuring out exactly how many orders were either delayed or had a breakdown in communication and hope to be in touch with everyone who was affected directly. As of 12/9/20, we've fixed or fast-tracked every problem that we are aware of with invoicing, shipping, and sourcing, and estimate that things will be running smoothly and fully caught up within a week.
    ***If you ordered a kit through Insurgent (either by message or email contact) and I haven't gotten in touch with you, please email me. My email should have been CC'ed on any invoice he sent, but just in case***

• As a larger issue within development, I cannot push updates to the Git or access our LBRY service without his approval/key. Because of this, I will likely be forking the Git at some point within the next week and adding all the optional and advanced feature documentation for the 2.1 Release to this fork. I will make another announcement when the fork is made and as features begin to be added. I'm also getting a server set up to run LBRY and the other repository we use internally, though I'm not sure when that will be fully functional.
    -The Git is to include the 4th axis, low-RPM, and probing and homing features in their initial versions, as well as alternative spindle mounts, dustcovers, enclosure panels, etc.
    -LBRY will be the space to find jigs, projects, firmware versions, and other features specific to particular builds.

• Several of the other devs have also been busy with travel and holidays so many features will remain in an alpha state for the 2.1 package. We'll need a lot more manpower as we start expanding the features list; anyone interested in joining the team is encouraged to contact me! There are a few simple perks to being a dev and the work is highly compartmentalized to the individual implementations, so you can work at your own pace and within your own area of expertise.

pop-n-jack, mroberts78641, rwong, DubiousRick, apr67, amenpa, Nihilista and isnotayahoo like this post

Back to top Go down
https://github.com/insurgent-industry/GGFlex

2.1 Release and Project Status
Page 1 of 1